Saturday, May 24, 2014

May 24th-San Xulian to Arzua

I had a lovely night at the Aubergue, Good food and great company, I hit the sack early as i had yet to decide if i would be having a very long day or a medium day, The reason being is that the Aubergue's had a bit gap meaning either over 40km or well under 30km, When i got up i felt pretty good, Better than a long time, It was the first day when i did not reach straight for the pain killers, The blisters were healing and the shin was getting to look a more normal size, The weather was beautiful, Very misty and the sun was trying to come through, Very atmospheric, I was walking along and it was truly a joy, The countryside here is wonderful, There is very little left like this in the UK, I could see animal tracks and the air was full of bird song, A lot of the walk was along country lanes or trails with nice soft mud to help the feet from the pounding that they are used to, I could feel that i had an extra spring in my step, As time went on i stopped for coffee etc and more and more people joined the trail, I walked on to Arzua and made the decision to rest here today and not push the extra 3 hours to the next aubergue, No point in upsetting the feet and shin, I have decided to have a longer day tomorrow and stay just outside of Santiago, That way i can be in Santiago early on Monday, Have some breakfast, Get my Compostella and have a look around the Cathedral, I also need to get details on the aubergue's to the coast

Beautiful country lanes

 No idea what these wild flowers are
 A house with a clue
 No idea but i guess another place to dry meat
Misty Mourning

 Last bridge before breakfast

 A friendly face
Picturesque well
 River crossing
 Vines growing across the house front, There were a few like this
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment