Thursday, May 8, 2014

Burgos Cathedral

As i said in my last blog, The Cathedral in Burgos is totally amazing if you look at it from an architectural and craftsmanship point of view, Other than that its OTT and overly opulent, Showing off in its greatest sense, You have to see it to beleive it, Its huge and it goes on and on, Probably the greatest Catholic museum in the world after the Vatican
Whether its masonry, carpentry, paint,gilding,glass or whatever the craftsmanship would be outstanding today let alone hundreds of years ago, How it was made i have no idea, Its a monument to man and one of the Catholic Churches greatest assets

 Fantastic carpentry and inlay work
 Weird and wonderful Masonry
 Beautiful stained glass
 Amazing ornate sculptures
 A silver coach
 Everywhere you look there is amazing detail
 Even in the ceilings


 Probably a lifetimes work and there are hundreds of them




 Marble sculptures in abaundance


 Incredible detail




 3D carving
 Amazing ceiling detail






 Perfectly preserved book over 400 years old

 The coffin of El Cid




Spectacular in every way, Not to be missed, Even if you are a non believer,

Dave

2 comments:

  1. I just found a card that Marian gave me after a hair appointment and decided to check out the blog. I love seeing the pictures and reading the updates. I found myself going back several days just to see what I missed.

    Prayers for safe travel and I can't wait to see more

    ReplyDelete