Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Testing and Re Evaluating

My Eddie Bauer Rainier Jacket has been treated with the Nik Wax combo that i mentioned in my last blog along with my REI waterproof over trousers and so far so good, I have only tried them in light showers and with 80 degree weather here in NC this week i wont be testing them again for some time,
Just when you think that you are sorted you hit a wall, In my case it was my feet and my new Salomon Sky 2 boots, I have had the boots since last December, I purchased them early as they were a great price and they have all but stayed in their box until now, I used them a few times walking up to 20 miles but they gave my feet grief, I also noticed that they seemed to be showing signs of wear and even had 2 small splits in them, I contacted Amazon and explained the situation and even though they were out of the return date they said they would accept the return, Well done Amazon, they even returned my e mails within 30 minutes,
I went to the foot doctor today as i wanted to have a quick chat about my feet before in embark on the Camino, It seems i have a touch of arthritis in my big toe, I had suspected it and now its confirmed i can keep an eye on it and know what to do if it flares up, The other boots really pressed on my big toe joint causing a lot of pain, I now have new Salomon X Mid GTX boots, The same as the ones i have used all of last year and my feet are now in a happier place, Its a bit late to start with new boots but the boots are comfortable out of the box, Last week i only walked a couple of days and let my toe rest, I know i can now carry on with the training and with only 3 weeks before i leave i am pretty good to go now, The only problem with where i live is the lack of big hills and will have to take it easy the first few days on the Camino which is extremely hilly and steep, Its not a race but i do have a time and place that i have to be to meet my wife along the route

Dave

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you are only 3 weeks out from your start!! I am sure you are getting anxious and it is going to be amazing!!! Will certainly be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete