Friday, January 10, 2014

Camera Gear


For the long distance hiker who enjoys quality photography carrying a camera can become a chore, I love to use a Dslr but the size and weight becomes a problem, There are a few smallish Dslr's on the market but if you want the best image quality then the lenses themselves are very heavy, I purchased a Fujifilm XM1 for my hiking and so far have been happy with its size and IQ, OK so its not a pocket-able camera, I wanted a camera with a reasonable sensor size and density and one which i may add lenses to in the future, I would have preferred the XE2 but that is out of my budget, The sensors are basically the same in both, Carrying it where it is accessible becomes the next problem, I am a fan of Think Tank products, Excellent quality and well thought out and engineered, I purchased the 'Think Tank Mirrorless Mover 10', its a small bag that the Fuji fits snuggly into but has enough room where i can leave the lens hood on the standard lens, It has compartments on either side for batteries or a cell phone and has a pocket on the front where a rain cover is stored and again room for extras, Inside there is a pocket in the top for spare memory cards and the inside has a  nice and soft material as well as a movable divider is you want one, The bag comes with a shoulder strap and a belt loop which fits nicely on the waist strap of my back pack or even the chest strap if you prefer it that way, The top flap has a magnetic catch and overall feel very well made and worth the near $50. I use Think Tank cases for my Dslr and big lenses when traveling and can highly recommend them
Dave

2 comments:

  1. Good luck David, it's a fantastic thing you are doing and I wish you well. Your family have been hit by cancer so hard these past few years or so. I will be making a donation to you, as I know too well these charities rely most on donations. Love Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete